Writah part II -- Attack of WS
There are several writer-wannabe's (Writahs) working with me. They all annoy me, but none so much as this one guy I will call Writah Supremo (WS). He complains about the work we do, slacks off, and acts like he is generally above everyone else because he is really a Writah.
My work is always done ahead of time and it's very good, so how do I get rewarded? Last night I get assigned some of HIS work that HE DIDN'T GET DONE to finish BY MONDAY. So I have to work all weekend to make up the work that WS didn't bother to finish. I stayed until 11 last night, but WS left at 7. As he left, he had the GALL to ask me "do you know a coffeeshop where I can go and write?"
Oh man. Oh man. I was about half a second away from taking him down. Instead, I just said "I have never been able to successfully answer that question for myself." (In hindsight, I guess this doesn't make sense. I was too angry to make sense. What I meant to say was that I had spent time as a loser wannabe writah myself and had never quite been able to get into a writing routine, let alone find a good PLACE to continue this nonexistent writing routine in. But it didn't matter because he didn't care what I had to say, anyway, he was just interested in letting everyone in earshot know he was a Writah. Oh man.)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home