my not so fascinating life

thoughts, links, comments, rants, whatever

Google
  Web Not so fascinating life   

9.24.2004

A day in front of the TV

I have been sitting in front of the TV all day long. I lost my remote control about three hours ago and so I've been watching the same channel since then. Previously, some dumbass fake Blair Witch ripoff was on, right now it's the movie "Dangerous Minds" with Michelle Pfiefer. It's actually a better movie than I remember, but I have had to bypass the urge to change the channel about four times now.

I have to find that remote.

In other news, I just got a phone call from someone representing themselves as a charity organization. Here's a transcript of the phone call.

WOMAN ON PHONE: Hello, I'm calling from [HOMELESS SHELTER] would you like continue giving to charity by giving a donation to the homeless via "Celebrity [MUMBLE].

ME: No.

WOMAN: Well, let me tell you another way you can donate, because Celebrity [MUMBLE] gives a portion of all your purchases to the homeless. How many people are in your household?

ME: Wait a second, I don't get it.

WOMAN: Celebrity Chefs is a food home delivery service, they give a portion of their sales to the homeless.

ME: Well who do you work for?

WOMAN: I work for both. [PAUSE] Well, actually I work for Celebrity Chefs. But we work in association.

ME: Oh, I see. Take me off your phone list, please.

You can't even GIVE TO CHARITY without being scammed these days. Geesh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home