A trip through the hallowed halls of Ebay
I spend lots of time trolling around on Ebay. Mostly I look for stuff I really want to buy, but today I was just kind of poking around here and there. I can't believe some of the stuff people expect other people to buy!
Come with me, my friends, and I will take you on a brief excursion to Ebay's back lot, where they sell all the really crappy shit.
First off, a fine plaque of "VINTAGE PSYCHEDELIC MUSHROOMS" advertised as "A great item for Old Hippies, New Hippies and Wanna Be Hippies."
I suppose by advertising the item towards "hippies" they are saying this plaque would be great for drug users so out of it they won't notice how ugly this fucking thing is. What are those multicolored circles around the outside of the frame? They remind me of some kind of cell or Amoeba or some other crazy squishy thing I should have smoked out of my Biology class memory by now. Someone high looking at this thing would probably freak out about the alien eyeballs start staring at them. And that "mushroom" could easily be a strange jellyfish creature in certain lights. Freaky.
And what's with the grade school color scheme of the piece? It would be perfect for someone who wants to decorate a 2nd grade playroom in a "hallucinogens" theme. Goes perfectly next to the LSD lava lamp and the Toad Lick vase.
Just think, you could own this one-of-a-kind item for only the $5.99 starting bid!

2 Comments:
you've never heard of spaghetti saws? what do you put on pasta, salt and butter? ;-)
oh man! i need that!
Post a Comment
<< Home