my not so fascinating life

thoughts, links, comments, rants, whatever

Google
  Web Not so fascinating life   

9.02.2004

Truly Awful Blogs part II

Okay, I just ran across this blog, entitled "Millionaire Mom":

http://millionairemom.blogspot.com/

It's a new blog, but worth visiting for ridicule value. After reading the blog and following some links I learned that this woman's goal is to make a million dollars in 20 months. Her plan is to use affilliate links and MLM schemes (her Inspiring Parents "business" is really an Amway front page) to do this.

It is just so ridiculous. I don't mind the affilliate links (you may notice a few on this site), but I HATE MLM'S and I get so angry that people can be so stupid to waste their time, effort, and money chasing after the MLM scheme. IT WON'T WORK, didn't you realize that in grade school with the whole "send one dollar to five people on this list, and send this letter to five of your friends and you will make lots of money" chain letter that went around? I have friends who get into one MLM after another, they never learn.

She also kindly puts lots of words of advice to reach success on her site, which is very funny considering it comes from someone who has achieved exactly 0% success. (maybe negative success if you consider the $550 she's in the hole already)

I only wish it were that easy to make a million in 20 months.

6 Comments:

At 8:52 AM, Blogger grace said...

ooh. that's sad. i feel bad for her.

i got one of those letters once, except i was older and instead of dollars, it was sexy underwear...

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger gg said...

that one might not be so bad...

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger Ontario Emperor said...

20+ years ago a high school friend invited several of us to his house, but he didn't say why. Turned out he had become an Amway salesman...

 
At 1:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

www.brittstravels.blogspot.com
Waaaah. Someone left crappy comments on her site. I thought I would share with you since I see a pattern!

 
At 1:17 AM, Blogger Ontario Emperor said...

As I have noted here, Millionaire Mom is now on her way to riches. Day 8 earnings: $83.44. So she's earning a little over $10 a day...

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Ontario Emperor said...

The blog went down some time between November 3 and November 26, 2004. Last I checked she still had $996,000+ to go. I'm forced to conclude that she earned the remainder in that month, declared victory, and shut the blog down so that she wouldn't be gloating at everybody.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home