The 10k Race that Wasn't
I've been super busy lately, which is very new to me. Now that I am covered by the medical system here, I've been going to this doctor and that dentist trying to make sure no body parts are in ill repair.
Sunday was the 10k race I'd been preparing for. Unfortunately, I prepared too hard in the last couple weeks, and I stressed out my hip, which basically gave out last week. I rested it for several days before the race. On Sunday I was not sure if I could run the race or not, and it turned out that I could not. I ran about 1k, walked about 2k, then limped back to the start. It was so frustrating because I had trained so hard and I was ready! My endurance was excellent, I was strong enough, but my @!#$%^ hip was not having any of it.
I'll show that hip. I'm biding my time, giving it a good month or two off so it feels fat and complacent. Then, when it isn't looking, I will train again, this time more carefully. I really really want to do at least one 10k race sometime in my life.

2 Comments:
my little sister ran a marathon, I still don't understand how she did that!
yeah... i definitely wouldn't do that.
i'm too lazy... but good luck to you! hope your hip gets better...
Post a Comment
<< Home