my not so fascinating life

thoughts, links, comments, rants, whatever

Google
  Web Not so fascinating life   

12.08.2004

Feeling Overwhelmed

I am overwhelmed today.

Stuff I have been dealing with/worrying about (in no particular order):

-- The gear-up towards Christmas Vacation. Shopping? Not done. Packing? Forgetabout it.
-- Good stuff but lots of work with the new job to finish up before vacation starts Friday.
-- Uncertainity about my future at said new job (I'm doing very well, but I'm planning to ask for a huge raise in the new year and I'm not sure how they will react)
-- Cleaning up the apartment for my BF's arrival tomorrow (that means all the clothes off the floor and put away!) so he doesn't have a fit at how messy it is.
-- Getting said BF to do a few household-type things I need him to do before we go away on Vacation (not holding my breath for this one to happen).
-- Finishing up everything from my recent move, letting everyone know my new address, etc.
-- Trying not to react too harshly to two people (here and on another forum) being overly confrontational with me today. I know I'm supposed to be all mature about this stuff but I can't help it, it riles me up!
-- Being rearended (not the same thing as having a large rear end, although I have to deal with that too) and having to deal with an international car insurance claim.
-- What am I going to do for dinner? I want chicken but I don't know how to cook meat.

I'm worrying so much about so many things all at the same time I feel like I can't do anything except sit on the couch and watch TV (maybe with a beer) for at least 1 hour. Anyway, I am feeling overwhelmed today. Hopefully I can cross a couple worries off my list tomorrow, I'll keep you posted.

3 Comments:

At 9:33 AM, Blogger Durando said...

GM,
Here's my kickass roast chicken recipe:

Chicken, natch.
Pull out all of the guts, livers--the junk inside.
Wash the thing.
Stuff it with: 2 quartered lemons, abous six cloves of garlic, and as much rosemary as will fit. 3 lemons is better.
Okay, roast.
For a long time.
You're not done yet.
Is the thing brown?
Can you smell it everywhere in the house?
Okay, it's done.
Oh, throw some potatoes into the pan from the git go.
Now everyone will wonder how the hell your chicken is so moist, etc.
Wine, yeah, whatever you've got.

Cheers,
N.

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger gg said...

Mmm sounds delicious (and surprisingly easy!). Thanks Neal that recipe would have been 100 perent better than the pasta leftovers/cheese and crackers I actually ate last night for dinner.

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger grace said...

here's another hint: when you pierce it and the juices run clear...

or when i'm desperate, i cut it in half. any pinkage, i leave it in the oven. and it bakes faster when it's in smaller pieces...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home