This City is Weird
I was driving in downtown and I saw this sign:
I thought, "Phew, good thing I dropped my Nuclear Weapons off in the last town!"
Really, what is that sign supposed to mean? Aren't COUNTRIES supposed to be nuclear weapon free, or at least states-- a city declaring itself a "Nuclear Weapon Free Zone" is sorta like a waiter randomly declaring that his table is an "onion-free table." Anyway, it amused me so much that I almost got into an accident taking the picture.

3 Comments:
That's so crazy! I mean, Vancouver is a funny city just in general, but that sign cracks me up! I want one for my bedroom! Maybe that's what my friend can send me for Christmas this year...if the sign suddenly disappears, cross your fingers that it's in the mail on its way to me!
Friends,
This is just a valiant--and typically polite--effort by Canadians to keep from being bombed by "l'aviation américain."
Cheers,
N.
It's not just a Canadian thing. Here are some U.S. cities that are nuclear free zones:
Santa Cruz, CaliforniaLas Vegas, NevadaBerkeley, CaliforniaRead the Berkeley link...
Post a Comment
<< Home