Shareaza!
I love downloading music. I used to have Kazaa, but the spyware was totally killing my computer, so I had to delete the entire program off my computer. This weekend I discovered Shareaza, a new music sharing program that searches all of the music networks at the same time.
After my usual music searches (Pearl Jam, Eminem, and Kelly Clarkson if anyone cares to know my tastes) I discovered something totally new-- Karaoke versions of songs! For free! On the internet! This discovery changed my whole weekend. Alone in my house, I had a concert. The new hit pop icon, Genetic Mishap, sang covers to Garth Brooks "Friends in Low Places," The Bangles "Eternal Flame," and frustratingly (because I couldn't get the timing right), Extreme's "More That Words," and about a dozen other songs.
I think for Christmas I might burn Karaoke CDs for my friends, and print out the lyrics to add to it. I am brilliant!

1 Comments:
Actually, I want to hear about the song that you found in which Pearl Jam serves as a backing band for an Eminem-Kelly Clarkson duet.
So how is the karaoke scene in Vancouver? (I was last there in 1980 - karaoke didn't even exist at the time, at least in this hemisphere.)
Post a Comment
<< Home