my not so fascinating life

thoughts, links, comments, rants, whatever

Google
  Web Not so fascinating life   

11.12.2004

Mission: Butt Reduction 2004

In high school, I was one of those skinny girls who had a very high metabolism and so I used to be able to eat anything I wanted and stay pretty thin. I had several friends who struggled with their weight, I felt so bad for them as I chawed down on my favorite, McDonalds cheeseburgers.

Then, I turned 18 and everything changed. Well, a little changed anyway. I started gaining weight! I had to start watching what I ate a little, and I started trying to exercise a little. Even then, I gained a few pounds every year. I always believed, and still believe, that crash diets and worrying TOO much about what you eat is what really puts the body into a tailspin of gaining and losing, to disatrous results, so I never was on a strict "diet." Just watching what I ate a little more, trying to exercise a little more.

Fast forward over 10 years, and here I am. I weigh about 30 pounds more than I did in high school. I used to refer to myself as "of European porportions," but I never meant that to mean that my ass was the size of Europe! I'm not fat, YET, but I'm certainly not anywhere near "thin" and if I keep at it at this rate I soon will be. So, I am going on a health kick, called Butt Reduction 2004.

It's not really a diet, it's just making sure I eat more fruits and vegetables, less fried foods and oil, and exercise more. I know I should cut down on the alcohol intake, but that probably won't happen until I can't buy clothes in regular stores anymore (which sadly may not be too long from now.) I started the health kick by trying a new low fat recipe that was good, and I went hiking yesterday.

Wish me luck!


2 Comments:

At 6:57 PM, Blogger grace said...

at least you're not in LA anymore where you have to drive EVERYWHERE.... vancouver seemed more pedestrian-friendly...

 
At 11:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like you are really angry at your ass... i would consider therapy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home