my not so fascinating life

thoughts, links, comments, rants, whatever

Google
  Web Not so fascinating life   

10.30.2004

Finally, something fascinating to report!!

I'm moving to Vancouver! I took a job up there, quit my current job, and I'm driving up next weekend! Yippee! (I need many more exclamation marks to show how excited I am!!!!!!!!!!!!)

This greuling work schedule has finally wore me down and even the best attitude can't make working over 12 hours a day seven days a week fundamentally an okay thing. Something had to change, and when this job in Vancouver was offered to me, I knew that it was exactly what I needed. Los Angeles is a young person's town, and someday I'm going want a family, and I'm going to get old, and I just can't picture any of that happening here in LA.

This new job pays MUCH less than my current job. Much less. I'm talking less than half. And that's not counting the conversion rate and higher Canadian payroll taxes, which I have ignored because if I calculate it all out I will go insane. After I accepted the job I kept telling myself "money isn't everything, money isn't everything, money isn't everything." But it isn't until your paycheck is cut in half (at least, argh!) that you can see how some people might think money IS everything. I'll get used to it I guess.

I like thinking that someday I'll be a Canadian. Even if I'll have to put up with the same crappy Eh? jokes that I've been making to all my Canadian friends all these years.

2 Comments:

At 9:08 AM, Blogger grace said...

congratulations! i'm jealous. i loved it up there.. .it's gorgeous.

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger gg said...

Thanks for your support! Maybe I will take Ken's wife up on the cheesecake. I'll let you know how it all goes of course via this blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home