my not so fascinating life

thoughts, links, comments, rants, whatever

Google
  Web Not so fascinating life   

10.22.2004

Peter Straub owes me a dollar

I was in the airport recently and I was looking for something to read. You know the feeling, browse over a hundred pulp paperbacks, reject all, go back and try to find the best one.

I took a second look at the cover of Peter Straub's newest, Lost Boy Lost Girl. On the front Stephen King was quoted as saying the book "may be Straub's best work yet." I am an on-again, off-again King fan, so that was enough for me to shell out $6.99 for the book.

You shouldn't make the same mistake. Don't get me wrong, it starts out well and builds and is reasonably scary, but where a proper ending should be, the book just ENDS. It needed another 50 pages or so of a proper ending that was emotionally complete and tied up all the loose ends logically. As the book was, a lot of things that happened just didn't make sense and the entire MAIN IDEA of the book was not resolved.

So, by my reasoning, for the 50 pages that was not written and should have been, I think that Straub owes me a dollar, the approximate value of those pages. Now, I just have to figure out a way to collect it...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home