Small roadblock
So, here I am in my new life. As I wished, I have a lot more free time. But I'm just not used to having hobbies! I don't know what to do to fill my time, and so all I end up doing is watching tv and surfing the internet.
Here are some of my plans on hobbies to check out:
1) Yoga-- I did it before, and it was allright. I hardly ever felt embarassed even though I am convinced I must be the least flexible person on the planet. I'd like to find a new place and go once in a while.
2) Stanley Park-- Went there once (where I got the bird pic below), and it was fascinating. I want to explore more, and I found that they have weekly "nature walks" guided by an Expert. So I will try to do that also.
If a reader has a suggestion of a hobby or interesting activity they enjoy, I would certainly love to try something new as well. How do you spend your free time?
I also realised that I don't have any friends in Vancouver. Not one. My boyfriend is here, and he pretty much fills the void left by my friends in LA, but sometimes a girl's gotta talk to another girl! I have never really been in this situation before, where I was brand new in a new city with no friends. I'm not sure how to go about making girl friends to hang out with, it always happened naturally (and rather slowly) before. So far, I have only met a few people here and none of them really jive with me on a friend level yet, although everyone is really nice. I'm hoping if I start having hobbies then maybe I can meet friends at these new hobby places? Or maybe I should just adopt a cat. Who knows.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home