my not so fascinating life

thoughts, links, comments, rants, whatever

Google
  Web Not so fascinating life   

12.09.2004

How do you put Ketchup on your French Fries?

I would like to thank everyone for the chicken recipes, but alas, it is not destined for chicken and my oven to meet today. So, to satisfy my ongoing chicken craving, I went to Burger King and had their Grilled Chicken Sandwich Combo. The chicken sandwich was small but satisfying, and to make the meal a real treat, it came with fries.

I love fries. On my health kick, I have not been eating too many fries, but today I ate the whole box. With ketchup. As I was putting the ketchup on the fries, I was thinking "there are so many ways to do this!" I thought it was interesting.

So I have prepared some drawings illustrating ways to put ketchup on fries.

WARNING: CRUDE DRAWINGS AHEAD.


In case you have trouble identifying this terrible drawing, it's a french fry. That orangish thing is a hand holding a french fry. This is one way to enjoy your fries -- naked. Self explanatory, I think.


I think that most people who like ketchup with fries are Dunkers. They have a small bucket (or pile) of ketchup and they dunk the fry into it. I am not a big fan of this method, because it makes part of the fry too saturated with ketchup, and the other half is naked! The only way to try to get an even distribution of ketchup at this point is to stuff the whole thing in your mouth and chew like crazy, but what's the point of eating a fry if you can't savor it slowly?


This is my preferred method of eating ketchup on french fries. It requires ketchup packets. I open up one corner of the packet, and draw a thin line of ketchup down the entire length of the french fry. That way, you can eat the fry as slowly or as quickly as you want to and every bite has a perfect amount of ketchup.

But sometimes, a little line of ketchup isn't enough. You need A LOT of ketchup. The "Raft method" is for just those times:


This one is for ketchup lovers only. By stacking 3-4 french fries side by side (gripping both sides, not exactly like the picture) you can make your french fries into a "Raft" or platform for the ketchup. This way, you can pile up A WHOLE LOT of ketchup on there, at least a whole packet in one big bite.

I'm such a hog. But french fries with ketchup are just SO GOOD!

3 Comments:

At 4:17 PM, Blogger grace said...

oh, christ, how i LOVE fries.... my favorite are those big ol' steak fries :) mmmmm....

i'm a dunker. and i double dip. so sue me.

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger arash said...

Fries are grrreat. PO-TA-TOES! I like my fries and ketchup with tabasco. That combo rocks!

You have a pretty good fry eating technique for a person with only 2 fingers.

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger gg said...

Okay, so maybe the hand only has two fingers... and is clawlike in nature. But I made FINGERNAILS on it! That's gotta count for something.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home