my not so fascinating life

thoughts, links, comments, rants, whatever

Google
  Web Not so fascinating life   

12.15.2004

Cleaning Out My Closet

The trip down from Vancouver was great. I'll post more about that later. But on to my complaint about now:

So, I am waylaid in Los Angeles for a week. I must pack up my apartment for good, it's been half-empty for the last month and I am no longer going to be living in LA so I don't need it any more.

Now I remember why I never move. It's hard going through all this STUFF and trying to decide whether I need to keep it or what. It seems like every little half ruined THING has some sort of emotional attachment to something for me and, like some really lame psychic detective, with each individual thing I grab I must sit, remember how I got the damn thing, feel whatever associated feelings come up, and then decide if I want to keep the damn thing or not. I am so disenchanted with this process I have thrown out a lot of things I would normally keep, but I think it's for the best in the long run.

Today will be my first full day of packing. I'd rather be out there Christmas Shopping and drinking a nice hot chocolate. Sigh.

3 Comments:

At 9:45 AM, Blogger grace said...

hahaha! really lame psychic detective line cracked me up. funny...

i just throw everything out. i hate keeping shit. sometimes i regret it. but not as much as i would've if i'd kept it.

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Durando said...

The other day C. and I counted it up. Since leaving the homestead, I've lived in twenty-one different arrangements, she fifteen. I can pack my junk in one morning. Here's my tip: save your boxes. Label your boxes and save them. On moving day, just rebuild your boxes, read what's written on the front, get junk, throw it in the box. Easy! I've got boxes that have followed me through New York, St. Louis, Chicago, and France. You wouldn't think simple cardboard could stand up to all that. You wouldn't think simple human endurance could either, for that matter.

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger Jay said...

I throw everything out too, I have no mercy. But I love packing, I'm such a nerd, I just love to get things organized and tidy...grrr.
Ew, I can't believe I just said that!!

J

 

Post a Comment

<< Home