Back in Action
Hello, remember me? My name's Genetic Mishap, I used to post here at this blog regularly.
Hee hee. Happy New Year, everyone! I've been pretty busy since last post. I feel like I've been to every corner of this country (most of it accompanied by my mother in an enclosed area) and lived to tell the tale.
Here's the quick recap of where I'm at:
1) After an extended moving period I am finally unpacking all my stuff and setting it up in the new place. Which is much smaller than my old place. So I am trying to figure out where everything goes and find a place for everything.
2) I gained weight over the break and now I'm on a health kick. Seriously this time, only healthy food and I am going to exercise regularly. That means yoga and running. If that doesn't work, I will have to think of something else.
3) Tomorrow work starts again. I am nervous, I have a big project ahead of me and I'm not sure how it will go. Cross your fingers for no major disasters!
4) As with many parts of North America, Vancouver is having some crazy-ass weather. I was told it didn't snow in Vancouver, yet we have had several inches of snow over the last several days. This is interfering with some of my plans for #2.
5) I have a new mission: Exploring Vancouver. At least once every two weeks I want to explore a new place in or around Vancouver, and I'll write up the report here. My mom came to visit me up here and she seemed unhappy with what we did for fun, so next time I will have a long list and she can hopefully find something that she would like to go do.
5a) My mom. I will probably spend the next several blogs complaining about her visit. I love her but she is SO hard to please. Nothing is ever good enough. We were driving up a wild part of Highway 1 in California and it was too "Paul Bunyan" for her. Then we got to a city and it was too big for her. She wanted to go shopping for "Canadian fashions" so I took her to Robson Street, in downtown Vancouver. There were tons of sales and the clothes were more high-fashion then other places I have been, so I thought she would be happy. No, it was too expensive for her. I took her to Gap and it was all the same stuff she had at home. AARRGGHHHH. She's gone now but I am still frustrated. Hopefully I will get over it soon.
6) I need a New Year's Resolution, but I can't think of anything. Any ideas?

2 Comments:
i got one! how about blogging more often? :P
Welcome back (and thanks for your comments, by the way).
I drove in a car with my mother down Highway 1. My lead foot suffered when she complained about my doing 16 mph in a 15 mph zone. Ever since then I've stuck to the 101...or taken the 5.
Your resolution to explore Vancouver is resolution enough. I've lived in Southern California for over 20 years now, and there are a ton of things here that I haven't seen yet.
Post a Comment
<< Home