my not so fascinating life

thoughts, links, comments, rants, whatever

Google
  Web Not so fascinating life   

1.29.2005

Who's the worst tv field person in town?

So they sent me out into the field over the last few days. I am not really used to being in the field, and over here in Canada they call it "field director" and not "field producer" like I am used to. I thought it was just a different name for the same job, but they aren't kidding when they say "director". To make matters worse, my boss and his second-in-command were there watching my every failure (and taking notes, I'm sure).

I try to learn as much as I can on every job I'm on, so I did my best the last couple days, nervously instructing senior-level camera people where I wanted to do the shooting and all that. I have a sneaking suspicion that if I had asked them to shoot it the way they thought was best it would have been better. Maybe I just don't know enough about field work to do this job?

We got the footage we needed out of the day, but I'm afraid I was judged poorly by my boss. I wonder what will happen on Monday. Will I still have a job?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home