my not so fascinating life

thoughts, links, comments, rants, whatever

Google
  Web Not so fascinating life   

1.20.2005

Random things

Stuff I have been doing/worrying about today:

-- My "negotiations" with my boss didn't turn out to be final negotiations after all. I think on Friday I negotiated what my rate will be in March (for complicated reasons even I think are sorta bullshit), for now I am still making peanuts. My boss is panicked with everything regarding the show and I am afraid to approach him again for my paycheck until March.
-- All this panic from my boss (and my ambivalence to continue to work for such a low rate) really makes my job more difficult/unclear than it needs to be. We have to have a general budget/schedule decision before I can really go to town. In the meantime I am not sure how to move forward and am spending a lot of time surfing the internet. This makes me feel guilty, and I HATE feeling guilty.
-- I have this whole huge issue with women/male stereotypes in the Entertainment industry. It probably deserves its own post, but in a nutshell it seems like shows always have women in the research/logistical positions/titles while men are in the "director" or key creative positions/titles (for twice as much money or more). I have found that this usually means the women do all the prep/scheduling/creative work (because you need to do it to even know what you want to shoot), the men walk in on the day of the shoot, tell the camera guys to shoot everything THE WOMAN HAS ALREADY DECIDED THEY NEED TO SHOOT, acting like they own the place the whole time. Then, the men leave, getting all the credit. Afterwards, the women take the tape with half the stuff you wanted missing and with a lot of work make it into a great show and the men get even more credit. I am trying to prevent this situation happening to me yet again on the show, but it looks like I may fail.
-- I bought a used dresser that needs refinishing (great bones, only 10 bucks canadian!). Maybe the bookcase will get a friend this weekend ;)
-- It seems like all my friends are in love, out of love, hooking up at the Christmas party, living the generally dramatic single life. I am happy with my BF, but more often these days I'm longing for some of the exciting single-ish moments I used to have. You know, that feeling when you're first in love with someone new and he's perfect and you're going to live happily ever after. From what I remember, it usally only lasted about two weeks anyway but what a couple of weeks...

anyway, those days seem so long ago now.

1 Comments:

At 11:19 AM, Blogger grace said...

it's not just the entertainment industry where shit like that happens...

i wouldn't trade my single years for anything... except for being with steve... awww... i'm being sappy :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home