Work work work
You know, when I'm on vacation I just can't imaging going to work, or sometimes that a place called "work" exists at all. I wonder how I was able to drag myself into the office 5 days a week when I can't even get up before noon otherwise.
Now I'm back and I am still wondering why I bother. For a little background, I work freelance and a new year means a new Deal for me (job title/duties/salary-wise). I want to negotiate big, but my boss keeps putting me off. He hasn't done the budget yet. "Why don't you just work for the same amount you were making last year for now, and we'll add more to your salary later?" he asks me.
"WHY DON'T YOU JUST KISS MY ASS." I said. No, I wish I had said that. Of course he wants me to work at my old rate for as long as possible. It saves them whatever I end up getting in negotiations.
I didn't tell him to kiss my ass. Instead, I just nodded and said "Will you have the budget by the end of the week?" He said he would have it today. Which I doubt, but whatever. I decided I will work at my old rate until Friday, when I will talk to him and say I need to make my new Deal before moving forward with the company.
I thought Vancouver was supposed to be a more decent place to work. The fucking cheap ass behavior from Entertainment Industry bosses continues on both sides of the border.

3 Comments:
work's work no matter where you are... it's always absolute shite.
I work in TV, it's fun occassionally but not as fun as you might think.
yes, totally behind.
Post a Comment
<< Home