my not so fascinating life

thoughts, links, comments, rants, whatever

Google
  Web Not so fascinating life   

1.18.2005

They Weren't Kidding About the Rain

When I moved here, everyone warned me that it rains a lot in Vancouver. I believed them, but I guess I just couldn't imagine what it would be like to have it rain day after day after day. It just keeps coming down. The pitter patter of rain on the window, on the roof, on the sidewalk doesn't end. Where does all the rain come from? I don't know.

Along these lines, you'd think that the locals, after being through this kind of rain every single year for their entire lives, could think of something better to say about it than "Wet enough for ya?" What is the appropriate response to "Wet enough for ya?" I decided to go with the typical Vermont response, "just about," but I feel like I should be able to do better than that. How about, "NO IT'S NOT WET ENOUGH FOR ME, I PREFER IT TO RAIN EVEN MORE SO I CAN GROW GILLS AND BECOME AMPHIBIAN." Then I can sound bitchy and sarcastic, which is kind of how I feel today anyway.

1 Comments:

At 1:44 PM, Blogger grace said...

i would've responded something dirty about being wet, but... that's just me...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home