Cell Phone Woes
So I'm in the midst of cell phone hell right now.
After meticulously comparing all the cell phone companies and plans available to me in Canada, I find they are all:
1. EXPENSIVE
2. Hard to figure out via the internet-- most major Canadian websites do not list all the details of plans online, so it makes comparison shopping hard unless you call every single company (during working hours-- they won't sell you a phone after 5:30).
3. They have their own lingo that I'm not really used to.
4. Did I mention EXPENSIVE? Nothing is included in the basic price, not call display or voicemail that come standard with any American cell phone.
Finally I pick the best company, phone, and plan for me and order it over the phone yesterday. The woman on the phone says I can go pick it up yesterday after work, the place will be open until 9:00.
I go yesterday after work to get my phone-- CLOSED. Angry but undaunted, I vow to come back during my lunch break today.
Today at lunch I drive all the way back there. It's open-- but they don't have the phone I want. ARGH. Oh wait, they have one, but it's USED. AARRRGGHHH. They try to sell me another (more expensive-- funny how they have plenty of the more expensive phones in stock) phone that I don't want.
AAARRRGGHH
I start to get angry, saying stuff loudly like "This is ridiculous! I came all the way down here TWICE to get my phone and you don't have it in stock? Why the heck did they send me here then?" The poor woman looked scared. Finally she said I could go to another store (AAAAAAAAAR) but I'd have to call customer service (RRRRRRRGGGG) first and transfer the order to the other store and call the other store to make sure they had the phone in stock and everything closes by 6:00 anyway. (GHHHHHHHHHHH)
My head just about exploded. I just drove back to work as calmly as humanly possible, and called customer service, and totally bitched them out. "This is ridiculous! I just want to go and pick up my phone and this will be my third trip out and I'm not really sure if I will even get my phone or what. If this is an indication of the service I will receive with your comany I will just cancel my contract because it's day one and already I'm getting nothign but hassle."
I ALMOST cancelled everything, but the sweet girl on the phone talked me out of it. I am going after work to try one more place. If everything works out, fine. One more little bit of hassle, though, and I'm going to have a HUGE FIT in public and cancel everything. And badmouth the company to anyone who will listen.
Wish me luck!

2 Comments:
yikes. i hate dealing with that kind of shit!
Hi Ken, I'm getting a standard Nokia (no antenna sticking out, no flipping, no camera) They keep trying to sell me the cameraphone model, but i just don't want it. I don't need to pay extra money for what is essentially a toy (and a toy I already own in the form of a regular digital camera).
anyway, it's all worked out now thank goodness!
Post a Comment
<< Home