my not so fascinating life

thoughts, links, comments, rants, whatever

Google
  Web Not so fascinating life   

2.04.2005

Back to my Normally Scheduled Life

So I went into work today. I tried to be gracious and nice as I showed K my filing system, handed over important stuff, etc. I changed my voicemail to direct all inquiries to K. I had a cup of coffee. I checked my email.

It was only 10:30 AM.

I had no idea what I would do for the rest of the day. I fretted about this for a minute, then I decided to just go. Life is short, I figured, why hang around all day being nervous and feeling uncomfortable (although trying like hell not to show it) when everything I can think to do is done and the world outside is a-callin' me?

So I made my "goodbye, see ya later, it's been a pleasure" rounds. People were surprised to see I was leaving. Except my boss and K, of course.

K was uncharacteristically short with me, "Oh, if it makes you feel better to leave, go ahead."

Uh... "It does make me feel better," I said. DUH DUH DUH, has she never been fired before?

---

I'm home now, officially unemployed and I feel alright about the whole thing. I have a lot to take care of around the house and I don't think the "findajob" worry will start to take hold for another couple weeks or so.

3 Comments:

At 5:01 PM, Blogger Ontario Emperor said...

Sorry to hear that your paranoia was justified. Hopefully this will open a door to something better.

After I quit the job I talked about earlier, I worked a lot of temp jobs for a while. The worst time was a three week period when I didn't have any temp jobs at all. Eventually, one of the temp jobs stuck and I got a permanent job offer.

One of my co-workers gave his notice a couple of weeks ago; today was his last day. He's going into business for himself, tired of the aggravations at work. He had to stay through the afternoon - his exit interview wasn't until 2:00 or so. He looked happy.

 
At 11:47 PM, Blogger gg said...

Thanks, OE

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger grace said...

i think i would be happy, too...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home