The Verdict is Clear
But what if the socks were really cool, and there was no toe-bunch action going on? Something like this?
Okay, maybe not exactly like that. (not my feet, btw. or my pants, thank God) I love my birks and there's always a period at the end of the summer when I am very unwilling to give them up. I'd like to think that a little creative thought can make a fashion faux-pas into a fashion forward!
Anyway, here are my personal rules for wearing socks with sandals:
1) The socks must be cool, preferably striped or patterened. That way, it has the "I meant to do that" look.
2) The sandals must be plain, with no big-toe strap thing.
3) Pants must be worn (I hardly ever wear shorts anyway).
4) That is all.
I think it looks pretty good like that, for casual wear anyway.

4 Comments:
My personal rule is
1. don't. ever.
But there is something so fetching about this picture... :)
If you're going to wear socks with sandals, then don't make the mistake that the person made in the photograph. The socks have to be brighter than the pants. Next to that person's electric pants, the socks look dull.
nope, still not buying it
i don't wear socks with sandals...
i almost always wear patterned socks when i do wear socks, though.
Post a Comment
<< Home