Howdy Folks
Me
1. Trip back home to see the fam, fun and relaxed. I was busy and surrounded by family all the time. For someone who is unemployed and in a new city where I don't have very many acquaintances, it made me terribly homesick. I am too old to be homesick.
2. Despite the credit card charge incident, Independence Air turned out to be OK, especially for the price. If the prices are that cheap in the future, I might fly them again.
Advice from Me
1. Do not pay to import wine into Canada. You will end up paying over 100% duty. It's ridiculous.
2. Bring your own water on planes, the beverage cart never comes fast enough when you're thirsty.
3. If you are lucky enough to live near your family, visit them often and hug them a lot and tell them you love them.
4. Don't be friends with people who make you feel bad about yourself.
I don't do well with change, so I'm going to be all wonky for a few days.

3 Comments:
You're never too old to be homesick!
Welcome home! I always take water on planes, you never know where they topped up their water supply...
Re number 2, what about food? Back in 1980 airlines offered a super cheap economy rate that included no food. I'd bring a bag lunch, which was the envy of everyone else on the plane. Now that airlines are charging for food, I usually plan my business flights so that I have a couple of hours to change planes, then hit a restaurant (preferably with a bar) at the connecting airport. Travel is fun.
Post a Comment
<< Home