my not so fascinating life

thoughts, links, comments, rants, whatever

Google
  Web Not so fascinating life   

4.22.2005

I have been offered a job!

It came via email today:

--------------------------------------

Dear Genetic Mishap

I am personnel manager of the company "Eiro Finance Ltd". At present our company has available the position as Our representative in Canada. I have found your CV on one of job site. After I reviewed your CV I have came to a conclusion that you are a good candidate for this job. I've decided to offer you the position in our company. Please see below general description.

About us : * EiroFinance.Ltd* was based in 2001. The company is a branch establishment of the " LATEKO FINANCE GROUP Latvia" holding. Currently about 130 employees of the company are involved in many serious projects in European Union, USA, and Canada. The headquarters of the company is situated in a business center of Tallinn. Our main activity is to provide services of the escort for the customs' agent in all seaports of the Baltic States. Specialization of the company is minimization and optimization of the customs duties for private persons. Our clients are residents of European Union, USA, and Canada. The profit turnover of the company in 2004 was more than 5 million US dollars. Vacancy: The "EiroFinance.Ltd" is planning to open a business account in one of Canadian banks for receiving the payments from our clients with a purpose of minimizing the company's expenses/taxes. For this reason we need an individual who will present our company's interest in Canada and will manage this account on behalf of our company. Main responsibilities of this individual include: -visit the bank office twice a week and authorize financial operations for this business account; - receive payments from our clients (We conduct be your responsibility); -settle accounts (mostly telephone bills) on behalf of our company; -transfer received funds to the European bank accounts of our company; -distribute received funds according to our instructions;

Requirements: *All applicants must be authorized to work in Canada **The applicant should have basic knowledge for work with MS World, MS Excel. *** You should be of the full legal age in order to be employed by our company. Age limit - 55 years old. An additional information: *Speed and Free training (you do not need in special education because you will be trained on all procedures). Training period will take from 2 till 4 weeks. ** Flexible work schedule, Extra time with your family (it may be as your additional job) Base Pay: 68,000.00 USD/Year (after work contract is signed). Also, you will be paid during the training period 3,000 US Dollars per month . If you are interested in working for our company please let me know via email: finance@eirofinance.com during two business days and I will provide you with more detailed information regarding forthcoming job. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions regarding the proposed information. Best RegardsNatali KohmanEiroFinance.Ltdhttp://www.eirofinance.com/finance-company",0]
);
//-->
negotiations with our clients. Negotiations will not be your responsibility); -settle accounts(mostly telephone bills) on behalf of ourcompany; -transfer received funds to the European bank accounts of our company; -distribute received funds according to our instructions;Requirements: *All applicants must be authorized to work in Canada **The applicant should have basic knowledge for work with MS World, MS Excel. *** You should be of the full legal age in order to beemployed by our company.Age limit - 55 years old. An additional information: *Speed and Free training (you do not need in special education because you will be trained on all procedures). Training period will take from 2 till 4 weeks. ** Flexible work schedule, Extra time with your family (it may be as your additional job)Base Pay: 68,000.00 USD/Year (after work contract is signed). Also, you will be paid during the training period 3,000 USDollars per month . If you are interested in working for our company please let me know via email:
finance@eirofinance.com during two business days and I will provide you with more detailed information regarding forthcoming job. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have anyquestions regarding the proposed information.Best RegardsNatali KohmanEiroFinance.Ltdhttp://www.eirofinance.com/finance-company

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course, $68,000 USD a year for job that only requires me to be of legal age doesn't send ANY wrong bells. I checked out their website, and it turns out eirofinance.com is a small database of user-submitted links. I doubt they do any business, and I would have written them off as some kind of new Nigerian scam, but turns out the domain is registered in Moscow:


WHOIS search:

EIROFINANCE.COM
Varshava kreut 26-22
Varshava, n/a 59684 PL

Domain Name: EIROFINANCE.COM
Administrative Contact:: Marina Nikiforova: eduard71@mail.ru EIROFINANCE.COM Varshava kreut 26-22 Varshava, n/a 59684 PL Phone:: +7 095 1184326 Fax:: +7 095 1184320

Technical Contact:: Dmitry Sharov: support@hoster.ru Filanco Russia, Moscow, Ozerkovskiy per, 7/1 Moscow, RU 115184 RU Phone:: +70953630542 Fax:: +70953630542 Billing Contact:: Dmitry Sharov: support@hoster.ru Filanco Russia, Moscow, Ozerkovskiy per, 7/1 Moscow, RU 115184 RU Phone:: +70953630542 Fax:: +70953630542

-------------------------

So I guess I was wrong. They must be Moscow scam artists instead. I returned an email to them, asking what this job was all about. I doubt they will respond. This has SCAM written all over it.

12 Comments:

At 3:29 AM, Blogger kilgorsky said...

It does sound suspicious.

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger Just Me said...

Can you get me a job there, too. LOL

They must be related to the Nigerias that want to buy thousands of bars of my soap via credit card.

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger grace said...

i love the age limit 55.

hehe.

 
At 6:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I received the exact same e-mail...

I am personnel manager of the company "Eiro Finance Ltd".
At present our company has available the position as Our
representative in Canada.

I have found your CV on one of job site. After I reviewed
your CV I have came to a conclusion that you are a good
candidate for this job.
I've decided to offer you the position in our company.


Please see below general description.

About us :

* EiroFinance.Ltd* was based in 2001. The company is a
branch establishment of the " LATEKO FINANCE GROUP
Latvia" holding. Currently about 130 employees of the
company are involved in many serious projects in
European Union, USA, and Canada.
The headquarters of the company is situated in a
business center of Tallinn. Our main activity is to
provide services of the escort for the customs' agent
in all seaports of the Baltic States.
Specialization of the company is minimization and
optimization of the customs duties for private
persons. Our clients are residents of European Union,
USA, and Canada.
The profit turnover of the company in 2004 was more
than 5 million US dollars.

Vacancy:

The "EiroFinance.Ltd" is planning to open a business
account in one of Canadian banks for receiving the payments from our clients with a
purpose of minimizing the company's expenses/taxes.

For this reason we need an individual who will
present our company's interest in Canada and will manage
this account on behalf of our company.

Main responsibilities of this individual include:
-visit the bank office twice a week and authorize
financial operations for this business account;

- receive payments from our clients (We conduct
negotiations with our clients. Negotiations will not
be your responsibility);

-settle accounts(mostly telephone bills) on behalf of our
company;

-transfer received funds to the European bank accounts
of our company;

-distribute received funds according to our
instructions;

Requirements:

*All applicants must be authorized to work in Canada

**The applicant should have basic knowledge for work
with MS World, MS Excel.

*** You should be of the full legal age in order to be
employed by our company.
Age limit - 55 years old.

An additional information:


*Speed and Free training (you do not need in special
education because you will be trained on all procedures).

Training period will take from 2 till 4 weeks.

** Flexible work schedule,
Extra time with your family
(it may be as your additional job)
Base Pay:

47,000.00 USD/Year (after work contract is signed).

Also, you will be paid during the training period 2,000 US
Dollars per month .


If you are interested in working for our company
please let me know via email:
finance@eirofinance.com during two business
days and I will provide you with more detailed
information regarding forthcoming job.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any
questions regarding the proposed information.

Best Regards
Natali Kohman
EiroFinance.Ltd

http://www.eirofinance.com/finance-company

Too funny

 
At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in Toronto and pulling THEIR chain at the moment.

So far they've requested I come in for an interview. I replied to say I was interested, but never heard back. Then I heard from them again. I replied that never got back to me. They apologized and now want me to start training!

I'll keep you posted. Should be an amusing ride.

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger gg said...

Good, I'd like to know what happens.

 
At 7:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey. i googled "eirofinance" and voilĂ , i see more people who got this same scam mail.

i figured this could be enticing enough to others more vulnerable, and i thought, "i really should report this somehow". so i shared my e-mail and what i could find out about the domain to my federal MP.

i'll let you know what they say. admittedly, they may be tied up with "other issues" at the moment... :)

cheers
james

 
At 7:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS: i was offered only 47,000 USD!
i am hurt and offended.

 
At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just got the email too - it only offered 47000 USD which is chicken feed so i guess i will be missing out on a good opportunity.hahaha

Its a big scam, dont get fooled.

 
At 8:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just got this annoying email too! The best is they ask you to open up a personal bank account telling you that they don't need any personal information. Then the next paragraph says we just need your name, address, bank account information and access through the web. What's more personal than that?

LOOOOOOSERRRRRR!

 
At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got this this same email this morning. I suspect they're harvesting email addresses from job post sites. It's a great idea, really... hitting on ppl who are vulnerable, desparately looking for money and perhaps a little exotic adventure. And, to think they appreciated me just from reading my CV. It's enough to make me a little misty. Hey what's that strange odour? I smell the acrid whiff of identity fraud or surprise! money laundering, in which case it could be a real paying gig, albeit slightly illegal and with some nasty personal associations. I'll be curious what the nofied MP has to say, or will do. I'll be passing this on to my local department of blue coats and brass buttons, or guys and gals with yellow stripes on their pants, if in Canada.

 
At 1:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahahahahah i got this as well a few days ago and i was very, VERY suspicious so i started asking questions. Every response i got was exactly the same....their website (which doesn't work). All i had to see was 4 hours a day for about 1000 a week?! Who are they kidding

 

Post a Comment

<< Home