my not so fascinating life

thoughts, links, comments, rants, whatever

Google
  Web Not so fascinating life   

4.19.2005

My Perpetual Search for the Remote Control

I lost it again today.

This time, I was busy trying to figure out if I could color-correct the photos from my crappy digital camera so they were professionally usable (answer: no). For the first half-hour or so, I was vaguely aware there was a soap opera on but I didn't care.

Then it got annoying. I got up and wandered around looking for the remote. I checked all the usual places, the table, the bathroom, the kitchen counter. Nothing. I went back to work and tried to ignore the soap opera. Two hours (and two soap operas) later, I was half-watching something where a woman tricked a guy into giving up power of attourney so she could give their baby up for adoption without his consent, but the big surprise was that IT'S NOT HIS BABY!

I threw up in my mouth a little and vowed to find that remote. (throughout all of this I could have easily WALKED to the tv and changed the channel. That never occured to me.) I looked all around the chair I was sitting in, on the floor near the table, all over the kitchen, under the kitchen towels. No remote. Was it on the TV? nope. Was it in the couch? no. THERE WAS NO REMOTE ANYWHERE!!! Then I saw it, on a high shelf in the living room. I have no idea how it got there.

But now I have power over the TV again. I FEEL THE POWER! DR. PHIL IS AT MY BECK AND CALL! AND HIS SON! WHO IS AN EXPERT ON BULLYING?????

I don't explain it, I just watch it.

9 Comments:

At 5:14 PM, Blogger grace said...

we have like, 15 remote controls. i have no idea which does what...

i just don't touch anything ... heh.

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger Photominer said...

my wife won't let me touch the remotes (I'm henpecked, what can I say). When she's not home the TV is never on.

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger Ontario Emperor said...

Once I read about some variant of the Clapper that could be attached to remote controls, keys, etc. You'd clap, and the thing would beep.

I *have* to buy that someday.

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger Just Me said...

If I lost the remote, I might die

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Jay said...

This post was a little bit sad. Glad you took back the power. I never turn on the TV...we have umpteen remotes, I'm not even sure for what, and I don't like to touch them for anything, except maybe occasional dusting.

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger Rusty said...

Entrepreneur Opportunity - A paging button for the remote control, much like they have on telephones.

A little button on the television...

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Ontario Emperor said...

Entrepreneur Opportunity - A danged butler who will manage all our stuff for us.

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger kilgorsky said...

I hate it when I visit frends and someone asks me to turn the DVD/TV etc up/down and there's like 89 remote controls on the table... so confusing. I usually end up screwing something up.

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger gg said...

Terry and Jay -- The TV is always on at my house, I like the background noise even if I'm not watching it.

Kil - That happens to me all the time. I hate it.

OE - I def. would love a butler. Jeeves? I need a refill on my diet coke please.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home