my not so fascinating life

thoughts, links, comments, rants, whatever

Google
  Web Not so fascinating life   

4.22.2005

My busy days

I've been pretty busy the last couple days. A friend came over on Wednesday and we went for a walk and did a "portrait" photo shoot outside. I haven't developed the film yet, but I sure do hope it all comes out! If it doesn't come out, I hope I can digitally optimize the photo so that it looks like it all came out. Hehe.

Yesterday was the most beautiful day, my BF played hooky and we walked the whole path around Stanley Park. It was beautiful.

We saw a couple weirdos out yesterday, I always get a kick out of strange people:

1) Fisherman Weirdo -- This guy was a larger older man who was standing on a dropoff and fishing into the water. That normally wouldn't be weird, except he was wearing the TINIEST STRIPED SPEEDO (God I hope it was a Speedo and not his underwear) while he was doing it. He was right next to a busy path and lots of people were going by, he didn't seem to mind one bit. As we passed closer to him, we saw lots of clothes (more than one days' worth) hanging up on a concrete divider to dry. I thought maybe he was homeless and doing laundry? But he looked well groomed and well fed, and really didn't look homeless. Who knows?

2) Backpack Weirdo -- Shortly after we passed Fisherman Weirdo, this fast-walking skinny guy in black with a huge black backpack passed us. He was kind of muttering to himself, and I definitely got the idea he was not all there. He was in a big hurry to get somewhere, that was for sure. But there was really nothing ahead of us except for several miles worth of path. He went on ahead and soon was out of sight.

A little further down the path, we came upon Backpack Weirdo again. He had gone down off the path onto the beach, where he was burning some paper. I was very curious to find out what was on the paper, but by the time we got close enough to get a good look it was gone except for a little edge. As we watched, he picked up the edge and burned that too. He was burning the paper reverently, like it was maybe a religious thing? Then he got back on the path and hurried ahead of us again.

2 Comments:

At 7:31 PM, Blogger Photominer said...

WOW, I'll have to go check it out. I haven't been there in a while. Last time I had a guy come running out of the woods at the tip of the park (I drove some friends to show it off) and try and get in the car. Freaky, we locked him out and left.

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger grace said...

mmm playing hooky...

maybe he fell in the water and he was drying off his clothes?

that paper burning guy was weird, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home