my not so fascinating life

thoughts, links, comments, rants, whatever

Google
  Web Not so fascinating life   

2.08.2005

80's and 90's flashback

So it's Monday morning. The alarm rings, my BF has to get up to go to work. I am upset that I have to get up and go to work, until I remember... I don't have to get up! I get to sleep in, until the glorious time of 10:30 AM. Then there's the coffee, all the delicious fresh-ground coffee I can drink, right here at home. None of the cheap stuff they had at work.

I spent some time buzzing around town doing errands. On the radio is an 80's and 90's Flashback Hour. I don't know how they got into my head, but they play all the songs I used to love and now have forgotten the words to:

Maxi Priest, "I wanna be close to you"
Ace of Base
Pearl Jam, "Betterman" (I still remember the words to that one)
etc.

The music was so good I didn't want to go home, so I drove around Stanley Park (I know, how American) so I could stay in the car until the hour was up.

I got home, played Sims most of the day, and thought, "It's not so bad to be unemployed, at least not for now."

2 Comments:

At 5:50 PM, Blogger Jay said...

That's funny stuff. I never have that kind of luck with radio stations. Bleh.

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger grace said...

i would cut off my middle toe to do that....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home