my not so fascinating life

thoughts, links, comments, rants, whatever

Google
  Web Not so fascinating life   

3.01.2005

Cookin' up a Storm

When I feel like cooking, I FEEL LIKE COOKING, so I have been basically making food and sticking it in the freezer all day long. That way, when I am hungry and don't feel like cooking, POW there it is.

I made:

-- A huge batch of mexican beans. There are no good mexican restaurants up here in BC, so I have started trying to make some recipes myself. Because I boil up the dried beans and it takes forever, I make like 8 cups of beans at a time, and freeze them in 1 or 2-cup chunks so I can use them in other recipes like nachos, burritos, or whatever.
-- One batch banana bread/muffin mix. We had two bananas that were about ready to hit the skids, and I HATE throwing out food so I made them into the mix and froze it for someday when we want banana bread or muffins and have no bananas on hand.
-- Two pizza dough balls. I stick them in the freezer before rising, so when I want to make pizza for dinner I have to take the dough out in the morning. By dinner time it has thawed and risen and is ready to go.

Martha Stewart, watch out-- here I come!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home