Job Update and thinking about Easter
Job Update: No news worth reporting. I have had some encouraging phone calls/emails with people, but nothing in terms of moving forward with an actual, paying job. But I keep trying, and in the meantime I am also trying to really enjoy my time out of work.
I've been doing good at keeping to my running schedule, sometimes I am too lazy to go, but I have been able to make it up the next day (bc my schedule is pretty flexible these days). Every time I go outside the Spring has come a little more, or maybe a little less-- the Cherry Blossoms near me are starting to fall off a little. I wonder if that warm spell in February caused Spring to come too early. Have the Cherry Blossoms come out before Spring has really sprung? I don't know. I keep looking for leaf buds on the trees, but I haven't seen them yet.
Tonight is an Easter gathering, and Sunday we are having a few friends over for brunch. I am a nervous wreck, wondering if there will be enough food, will it suit a bunch of different palates, what if people don't LIKE it, am I holding the brunch too early in the morning? Luckily the BF is there to calm me down. "Just make sure there is plently of booze and people will be happy," he says. I like that plan. Yes, I like it very much.

3 Comments:
Plenty of booze and plenty of food and they'll be happy
Mimossas make great brunch booze (the juice helps people rationalize drinking at 11am) :-)
Don't stress out too much. The most important part of any gathering is not the food, but the people. So relax, smile, and have a good time with your guests.
Post a Comment
<< Home