my not so fascinating life

thoughts, links, comments, rants, whatever

Google
  Web Not so fascinating life   

3.18.2005

Girls night out report

I am happy to report that my fears of the Spanish-speaking horde of unintelligibility were totally unfounded. I went to girl's night out last night and all the women there were very friendly and they spoke English most of the time.

BUT, but... I was so caught up in my own insecurities. These women are thin, beautiful, European babes. Their clothes were fabulous, skin flawless, they were very smart and very poised. Even when they occassionally struggled for the right word, it was so... chic. I'm not used to hanging around any group of people these days, let alone such a fabulous group. I felt like the messy-haired dirty-faced American step sister. I sat there and said nothing for most of the night. Stupid me.

We wanted to eat pizza, and ended up ordering Domino's new "Crispy Thin Crust" pizza. I didn't realize it was the "healthy" version of pizza until I looked it up today to find a picture:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is the best I could find. Try to imagine this pizza with its thin, cracker-like crust. It came cut up into 2-inch squares. The good part was that because the crust was so thin, I could really taste the toppings. The bad part is that it was so light. Two large pizzas wasn't nearly enough for five women, which was a surprise to me. Because it was so thin it wasn't filling at all, I had a plateful of little squares and I was still hungry (and I had eaten about 3 hours previously).

I guess that's why they are billing it as "diet pizza." Here are the specs:

Crunchy Thin Crust
Serving Size: 1/8 of pizza (medium)(49g)
Calories: 137
Total Fat: 7
Saturated Fat: 2.5
Cholesterol: 10
Sodium: 292.5
Total Carbohydrates: 14
Dietary Fiber: 1
Sugars: 2
Protein: 5

I love how they measure a "Serving size" as 1/8 of a MEDIUM pizza. Who eats that teeny tiny amount of pizza as a serving? That's like a nibble. I could have easily polished off an entire medium myself last night, and I wasn't even all that hungry. So let's do the math, if you eat the entire medium here are the specs:

ENTIRE MEDIUM THIN CRUST PIZZA
Calories: 1096
Fat: 56
Carbs: 98

I'll never be thin and chic like those women last night.

4 Comments:

At 8:10 PM, Blogger Photominer said...

I like the thin crust pizza from dominos too, but yes, you need lots to get full on. Why so insecure? You write wonderfully and sound very smart. I have no idea what you look like, but I always find smart confident women attractive (if you ever met my wife you'd see, she's brilliant).

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger Jay said...

Thin & chic is overrated; I'd rather have my pizza.
If I could be both, now that's where it's at.

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger Just Me said...

We always get the thin crust and you're right it takes ALOT of pizza to fill me up

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger gg said...

Ken, those women were friends of friends from work... I knew one woman there a little, but everyone else was pretty much a stranger to me. But they were really nice and I hope to make better acquaintances of them when I'm not feeling so insecure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home