Updatation in this Dancerie
As part of this New and Improved health kick I've been on lately, I've been running every day. That takes away a lot of the extra energy I used to dump into posting crazy shit about my life.
Last night I had trouble sleeping again. Instead of getting all worked up about it I calmly lay in bed and just decided to take the opportunity to think about stuff I wanted to do. I came up with an okay idea for a mystery/drama book that I hope I follow up on (not likely considering my past with book ideas). I also figured out an easy, quick idea for an article for that magazine (not Bridal, BTW, they still have not gotten back to me). If it ever gets published I'll let you know.
I've also become increasingly obsessed with some construction that will begin soon on the UBC Campus here in Vancouver. The campus lies in the middle of a huge oceanfront park called Pacific Spirit Regional Park. To make money for their endowment, UBC is building a high-rise-heavy "University Town" on campus. This will add something like 21,000 residents to a fairly small area. This development has to effect the traffic, pollution, and general peacefullness of the surrounding Pacific Spirit Park. Why does everything nice eventually get ruined?

1 Comments:
Nice things get messed up because people have different perceptions of 'nice'.
I planned on running every day to make up from the excercise I miss NO LONGER playing baseball. I'll get around to it eventually.
The time right before sleeping is when all the thinking gets done, that or extreme drunkedness.
Post a Comment
<< Home