my not so fascinating life

thoughts, links, comments, rants, whatever

Google
  Web Not so fascinating life   

3.16.2005

Anti-War Rally this Saturday, March 19

WARNING: KINDA POLITICAL BLOG AHEAD

I love going to anti-war protests. I have been to several in the last few years and in my experience, these rallies have always turned out to be a great experience. I love joining up with a bunch of colorful people to let the world know what I (we?) really think. I often feel like there's nothing I can do to affect what happens in the world, and while I don't think that a protest march actually changes anything, it sure FEELS like something is going to happen, so that's good enough for me. What else can I do?

I'm looking forward to attending this Saturday's rally. I (we? I don't want to speak for everyone) will be protesting the two-year anniversary of the US invading Iraq. Since that date two years ago, I have had to sit and watch as over 1000 American soldiers have died and over 10,000 Iraqi civillians have died. This won't bring them back, and it won't stop future bloodshed in Iraq, but I hope it will make me feel a little better about the whole thing.

There will be matching rallies in every major city in Canada, I urge my Canadian pals to come out and join me. I'll try to take pictures and post them for everyone.

4 Comments:

At 11:25 AM, Blogger Just Me said...

meanwhile here in Texas, everyone will act as if nothing happened, that W is the greatest president ever and the news media won't mention the rally's

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger Jay said...

In Canada we know differently, don't we? Liberal or Conservative, we have a better perspective from up here, and it's not a pretty picture.

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger grace said...

awesome... go, GM! :)

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger Rusty said...

... no comment ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home