my not so fascinating life

thoughts, links, comments, rants, whatever

Google
  Web Not so fascinating life   

3.28.2005

Monday Update

Easter was good. Surprisingly, no one was into drinking mimosas--not even me, yet we still seemed to have a pretty good time. The food came out OK despite a minor quiche disaster early in the day and our guests seemed to enjoy themselves.

The more I hear about Terri Schiavo on the news stations, the more sick to my stomach I get. Since when did CNN turn into the "all Terri, all the time" channel? I get it, she's slowly starving and dehydrating to death, do I have to be reminded of it all day long? I watch CNN a lot and I find myself thinking about what's happening even when the TV is off.

Terrible details keep repeating in my head. A report said that Husband Schiavo finally allowed Terri to have Communion on Easter (after refusing her parents' request the day before), which consisted of one drop of wine placed on her tongue. Now, I am constantly picturing a priest with an eyedropper full of wine, placing that one drop on her dried-out tongue as her eyes stare sightlessly into the ceiling and she smiles into the void.

1 Comments:

At 6:53 PM, Blogger grace said...

man, i'm not even going to comment on that terri thing... ugh. it all disgusts me.

screw that... what i wanna know is... why didn't anyone want to drink mimosas???? mmm, mimosas...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home